Friday, February 2, 2007

Potato v/s Spinach

I have never enjoyed cooking, it is a real pain to me. I think that I am the worst cook in this world. So, I do not usually try to go beyond my cooking capabilities, which mostly consists of rice, fried fish(usually rohu, or 'rui') and dal, and once in a while, chicken. But one day, I over-estimated myself, and got into a lot of trouble.
On that "auspicious" day, I went to the grocery shop. I usually do not visit the "frozen food" section. But that day was different. I wandered through the various entries, and my eyes got stuck to a very interesting item: chopped spinach! Back home, I liked this item too much.So, getting nostalgic, I purchased one pack of spinach and happily came back to my apartment.
Now I need the recipe. So I called one of my friends here, and got a recipe from him. Then I was about to start cooking, when another friend of mine called. When he heard that I was "trying to cook" spinach, he adviced me to use some potatoes as well, which my first friend did not tell me.
What I cooked, is not the reason of this post. After an hour, when I was having dinner, the second friend called me again, He asked how was the preparation? Only one sentence I could utter," thanks yaar for your advice, i was lucky that I put the potatoes"!!!! Well, the original words were," bhaggyis aloo ta diyechhilaam!!!!!"

1 comment:

spilledbytes said...

Great going.. too good. You imagine, if it goes on line this, after this, you have to, you have to put potatoes in fried fish as well :D