Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mystery of minutes!

Today is very cold out here, the temperature fluctuating between -18 to -20 degree celsius. Sitting idle in the department, I was browsing the various features of my cell-phone. Well, it does not have a lot of features as the handsets people use nowadays. I am not quite expert in managing gadgets, so I am happy with the simple features which my "old cute" handset provides me.

I was curious to know how many minutes do I have so that I can make a call during daytime. In US, you can make unlimited calls from 9 pm to 7 am on weekdays, and on weekends, its unlimited during the day as well, and more than that, this unlimited time is offered for FREE within US.But in the daytime, you have limited amount of minutes which varies from 300 to 900. Mine is 450. This is one of the very few aspects of this country which I like.

I saw that I have more than 100 minutes left to make calls during daytime, so I was really happy. There are only 3 days remaining for the curent cycle to end, so more than 30 minutes daytime is somewhat really fascinating. Now, I turned my attention to see how many FREE minutes I have utilised. I was "shocked" to see that I have already used 11,000 FREE minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! This is something very unusual, more than that, unbelievable!!!! I have talked over 183 hours in a month, which is over 6 hours a day, and that too after 9 at night!!!! This is something very weird. I wondered about this matter for sometime, and was a little disappointed. I am getting tooo talkative, "a chatter- box."

But then, after a while, I realised the actual scenario. It is not that I
have talked so much. All the cell phones here have the facility of 3-way calling, that is, you can call two people at a time. So , if you talk with them for an hour, the phone will record the talk-time as 2 hours . So, that makes my actual talk time to about 6000 minutes, which although big, is not unusual. We usually do have long conferences over phone, 4-5 friends talk together, so everytime, the talk times are doubled for us.

This realisation made me so happy that ----------guess what?????????------- I made a call during the daytime for about half an hour!!!!!!!!!
Dude, you talk tooo much!

2 comments:

spilledbytes said...

How can you talk for so long on the phone? Unbelievable.. I could never do that.

Arijit said...

Yes, you would have gone a "little" further--------- hya hya hya