Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A perfect day

Yesterday was a very good day for me, more accurately, I should say it a "perfect" day. As all of us know, things always do not remain under our control. If we could have controlled things and certain chain of events, the world would have been a different place to live in. But I should also say that the life would be boring in that way, so it is better to always live in uncertainity , rather than making everything predictable.

I usually do not wake up before 10:30 in the morning. Yesterday, my sleep was shattered around 10:15 when I heard a strong "knock-knock" on my door. I opened the door with a lot of anguish and irritation, when I saw that it was the Postman. He wants my signature to deliver a registry packet. He also gave me three other mails I had.

The packet was none other than 3 cartons of Marlboro cigarettes!!!!!!!!!! I was really overwhelmed. Cigarettes are tooo costly here ( about $4 a single pack), but online stores really sell them cheap-------where 3 cartons worth $51, so each pack comes at $1.70!! Arrival of this packet will make me happy at least for the next 2 months! Glancing on my other mails, I was happy yet again. A new credit card has arrived from American Express. There is nothing to be happy for such a trivial matter, but I was, for a strange reason.

Have anyone ever heard that letter boxes attract thieves????????? This credit card was scheduled to reach me long before, at least a couple of weeks before. But it was stolen from my mail box about 15 days ago, and I was informed by the police that they have got hold of a person who has my card, although it was unactivated!!!!!!!!!! I was really amazed. I have never heard of anyne who steals inactivated credit cards!! Maybe the person is a collector of such item, who knows?? Amex agreed upon sending me a new card, which finally reached yesterday,and I was much relieved!

The rest of the day was good in the department as usual. Coming back home in the evening, I decided to work on a project due next week. To my surprise, that idea clicked too, and I did at least the beginning in a very neat fashion!! I was so happy with my progress that for celebration, I went for dinner in a Chinese Buffet!!!!! After dinner, coming home, I watched the movie ,
The Aviator, and after some chatting over phone, went to sleep at 2 am!

So the eve of the Historic May Day was a perfect one for me. Today is 1st May, and I must say cheerfully:

May dibosh Jindabaad



No comments: