Tuesday, February 5, 2008

(In)justice of Nature

Tomorrow its going to be Wintry Mix!! By virtue of remakes and remixes, we are aware of various types of mixes like Club Mix, Party Mix, Dance Mix and so on. But this Wintry mix has nothing to do with songs, its a whim of Nature, where the raindrops, before reaching the surface, turns into ice. So it becomes very difficult to walk on the roads,and driving also gets risky.

My officemate, a very good friend of mine, gave me this information today afternoon as I was idling in the office. Then he asked, "What is your schedule for tomorrow?" "Nothing", I replied, "I have an off day tomorrow"!! "Ohhh man, I have to teach tomorrow at 11, when the chance of precipitaion is 80%. Lucky you!!!" Since it is winter, snow and precipitation are quite common,and we have to adapt even if we don't like it.

So when I told him this, he exclaimed,"Why me??????? Why everytime me??????" Then I understood his frustration. Last week also, it snowed on Tuesday and Thursday, and both are my off days and his teaching days!! So I offered him a chuckle, patted him and was about to leave the office, when he told, "See you tomorrow".

I replied, "I don't think so, I'll work from home". Hearing this, the reaction in his face was worth-seeing, a mixture of frustration, disappointment and bewilderment. As I stepped out, I heard him saying, "Its just wintry mix man!!! Nothing much serious." I was about to burst into laughter, so I quickly closed the door behind me and continued laughing till I came down. Later, I realised that till now, it hasn't snowed on my working days, but who knows??? So I stopped laughing and came back home. But even after a couple of hours, I am unable to forget my friend's facial expression, neither can I control my laughter whenever i am thinking of it !!

No comments: