Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sunday

No, this post is not about the latest movie Sunday, but I must admit that after watching the movie, I felt an urge of writing something about the most auspicious day of the week, at least for me, and may be for others as well.

Sunday has some salient features, which makes it so special than the rest of the week. The following are the unique aspects of this day which I admire the most:
  • Sunday is the official "no-study day" unless an exam is scheduled on Monday.
  • Start the day with a delicious breakfast comprising of Luchi, Aloor dam and Jalebi. Thats Sunday.
  • Spending the entire morning at the playground till noon, playing football or cricket(depends on the season) .
  • Returning home around noon fully tired and exhausted, your nose gets the heavenly smell of cooked mutton, as the pressure cooker whistles for the third time. All tiredness goes away in a flash. Thats the flavor of Sunday.
  • Having a tight lunch and getting some sleep afterwards.
  • Sipping the evening tea and getting out for a walk or visit friend's or relatives and spend the evening gossiping. Otherwise, keep relaxing at home with parents accompanied by some music or movies or just adda.
  • After dinner , heart gets gloomy again as Monday is about to arrive in a few hours.
That was my usual Sunday routine back home, for about 24 years. Here, of course I miss some of the features (specially second, third and fourth), but still, Sunday brings the freshness I seek and rejuvenates me which makes the next six days bearable.

No comments: