Wednesday, March 21, 2007

California trip

The California trip ended today. When I landed in Wichita at 7 in the evening, I felt like coming back home. I realised that somehow, I have started loving this city , no matter how desolate or unimportant it is. Maybe staying for almost 3 years here is the primary reason.

The very first thing about this trip is: the Law of Average worked this time! I reached California safely, and came back safely----both on time. For the first time, there were no hindrances or delays. The trip was excellent. I met with my friends after a long time: about one year or longer.

Although I came to California in 2005, we did not go to the Sea World in San Diego. So, this time we visited Sea World, and it was worth-watching. The shows were excellent----------specially the sea-lion show and the dolphin show. There was another show named Pet's Rule! which consisted mainly of dogs and cats. I was amazed by the level of training they got, and was surprised by the timings as well. It cannot be explained in words to anybody who has not seen the shows in person. Above all, there was Shamu, the main attraction of the Sea World.

For most of the time, however, we stayed home chatting and eating. The lunch and dinners were mind blowing-------ranging from luchi-aloor dum to shorshe ilish, from muri-chanachur to tel-koi, from mutton kasha to tangra machh er jhal!! For a food-lover like me, it was really awesome. I am sure that I have gained a few pounds in these 10 days. The desserts consisted of cakes, pudding, ice cream and gajar ka halwa!

I need to go back to work again from tomorrow, but we all are waiting for the next trip in early August, although nothing is decided yet. But something will come out, and we'll be having a gala tour again. It is this spirit which keeps us going. Whenever a tour is finished, planning for the next trip starts and we get engaged mentally! This is something very unusual. Hope it continues as long as we stay here.

Aamar ei path chalatei anondo


No comments: