Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Movie magic

Back home, I used to watch movies rarely, specially in theatres. When I was in college, my friends used to go to movies very often, almost twice a week. But I accompanied them once in 4-5 months. The only notable movie which I watched during my college days in a cinema-hall was Gladiator, and that was a "First Day. First Show". Excellent movie no doubt about it. But I nearly stopped watching hindi movies , specially in cinema-halls.

But once I came here, away from home, I gradually picked up the habit of watching movies, almost regularly, and sometimes heavily! In the weekends I have nothing to do except chatting over phone and watching movies. Getting tired of chatting, I watch a movie, and after watching the movie, to discuss the movie with friends, I go back to chat! This is a vicious loop, I must admit that!

I am so much updated with the present bollywood movies that sometimes, I really feel amazed! I did not know that I possessed such a knack of movies. From DOR to WOH LAMHE, FANAA to TRAFFIC SIGNAL---------I have watched almost all of them, missing only may be a couple! Here, movies can be watched on downloading from the internet, absolutely free. So it is not a problem. If a certain movie is terribly irritating (eg, WOH LAMHE, RISK, THE GAME) , I just go on skipping the details, and complete watching the movie within 10-15 minutes, although these movies were nearly 2 hours long!!

This weekend, I watched a lovely movie: BLACK FRIDAY --------it investigates the reasons and minds behind the MUMBAI BOMB BLAST of 1993. It was a great movie to watch, all the actors performed splendidly. Bollywood probably has never seen a movie like this. It showed the courage of calling the mafias by their own names. Tiger Memon was not mentioned as Panther Demon, as most of the bollywood movies do!!!

I am now looking forward to watch NISHABD, it has aroused a lot of gossips and controversies already. Hope that the movie will not dishearten me.


No comments: